Tying in with International Women’s Day today (March 8), Retail Week Live has announced that 50% of the keynote speakers at this year’s two day conference will be female.
Walmart International ceo Judith McKenna will be taking to the stage as the first woman ceo to ever open Retail Week Livewhen the conference returns to London’s O2 on March 27 and 28. Judith will lead a stellar line up of female retail leaders who collectively make up 50% of the conference agenda.
Also taking to the main stage will be Nicola Mendelsohn CBE, vice president for EMEA at Facebook, who will be addressing delegates on why social engagement is key to business.
“We’re proud to have such an impressive roster of female business leaders making up 50% of the speaker line up at Retail Week Live,” states Retail Week Live’s programme director Hannah Tovey. “It shines the spotlight on the issue of gender equality for women in the workplace and, specifically, in the boardroom.”
She continues: “Judith is leading the charge as our opening keynote speaker, as an inspirational example that our industry should celebrate. She’ll talk about guiding Walmart International through the changing landscape of global retail as well as how to successfully navigate a business through challenging times.”
Other female industry leaders speaking include:
–Berangere Michel, operations director, John Lewis
–Leonie Foster, chief customer & digital officer, Dunelm
– Sue Carvell, commercial director, Cath Kidston
– Ella d’Amato, chief commercial & marketing officer, Notonthehigh street.com
– Holly Tucker MBE, founder, Holly & Coand Notonthehighstreet.com
– Sarah Willet, group people director, Shop Direct
– Claire Arksey, global executive director of retail, Urban Outfitters
– Christina Rapsomanikis, European e-Commerce director, Coty
– Dr Kim Winser OBE, founder & ceo, Winser London
– Miriam Lahage, ceo, Figleaves
– Carla Buzasi, managing director, WGSN
– Fran Bishop, founder, Pud!
– Ailbhe and Izzy Keane, co-founder, Izzy Wheels
– Anna Blackburn, managing director, Beaverbrooks
– Joanne Mackie, customer & people director, AS Watson
– Morgan Fowles, coo, Spoke London
– Sarah John, co-founder, Boss Brewing
– Tessa Cook, co-founder and ceo, Olio
– Vasiliki Petrou, group ceo and executive vice president, Unilever Prestige
– Zoe Wong, director of finance and operations, Depop
Among the impressive roster of male speakers taking to the stage will be: Lord Stuart Rose, chairman of Ocado, Majod al Futtaim, Fat Face and Oasis; Darren Sinclair, zone managing director, Sainsburys; Hamish Mansbridge, ceo, Heals and Mandeep Singh, ceo, Trouva.
This year’s event will be chaired by journalist, broadcaster and author Harry Wallop.
Visit Retail Week Live
Top: Channel 4’s broadcaster Cathy Newman chaired last year’s Retail Week Live.