- A very creative individual who will be involved in creating and developing fun product from concept to launch.
- Strong on market research, identifying trends, analysing the range and gap analysis
- Working with designers both in house and freelance to produce concept, prototypes and packaging.
- Presenting samples, ideas and gaining feedback.
- Sourcing suppliers, negotiating on price and placing orders
- Working within a close team you would need to be focused under pressure, while, being a creative and innovative ideas person whilst understanding the commercial context.
- Developing product into Housewares, Occasions, Pocket Money Toys, Novelty and Gift Book categories
At Boxer we are a UK design led giftware company based in Leeds. We develop fun products for a fun industry. We want all gifts to create an impact. Gifts should be Fun, Wild, Quirky, Interesting and above all be better than before.
- We take risks, and we can be wild. That makes us interesting.
- We’ll be there first. We’ll have better lines, developed well and at a fast pace -sooner than the lazy old wannabes out there.
- We add value and produce quality. Label slap isn’t us. Our gifts will be willingly received. Alchemy is expected.
Our Senior Product Developer will manage and coordinate the Company Range plan of wonderfully innovative and fun product. Bringing products through from great concept to best seller.
Working directly for the Managing Director this role would take a lead in product strategy, development of relevant product and maximising exposure through targeted marketing.
- Range Planning
- Working with the Sales Team to present customer specific product concepts.
- Creating briefs for in house and external designers
- Managing & coordinating new product launches. Including the marketing, web content and copy writing as part of the product launch
- Supplier/ Factory Liaison, involving travel to suppliers in the Far East, as required.
- Setting up and checking product specification
- Critical pathing: precision follow up to ensure products are on track and to required specification
Skills and qualifications needed:
- Experienced in managing all elements of product development, from target market to packaging execution.
- Be enthusiastic about product
- Have a really keen eye for detail
- Background predominantly in gifting, toy or homewares
- Product management with at least 3 years relevant experience in a related role within the industry
- Be able to handle a fast paced and hectic environment and enjoy the unruly! -This is how we roll at Boxer!
If you’re passionate about product, we want to hear from you. This is an exciting and interesting role developing fun products, where no range is quite the same.
APPLY: If you are interested in joining us and slaying the mundane – email your CV with a covering letter and relevant experience to email@example.com